Thursday, August 10, 2006
7:48 PM
"We can then tell our grandkids that their grandpa and grandma were there at the old kallang stadium to witness the Nation birthday"

Dear and I have wanted to watch NDP together. Though we have 4 preview tix, we were not able to attend due to our Bangkok trip. So i decided that i need to do something, esp when this is the last NDP at kallang. Without much choices, I joined the group of market leaders (ppl creating market) and bought the actual day tix online. $80. that's how much the pair of tix cost. Is relatively cheap cause other tix were like selling for above $100. dunno whether is heng or suay...

On the actual day, sea of reds flooded kallang MRT. It feels good to see singaporean so supportive of their own country.


Here a pic on the vintage 70s bridge. The kallang stadium behind.
To me, I feel quite sad that the stadium is gonna be teared down. The kallang roars, soccer matches, buying fishball when watching soccer and shouting refree kayu. So many soccer memories~ I will miss then feeling i get when i walk out from the stairs into the stadium stands. Gonna miss this malaysia style stadium.


A pic we took in the stadium.

Think i enjoyed the parade segment the most. enjoyed explaining to dear how the parade works. Experience in NS helps! haha Guess dear was quite amazed by the traditions and significances of parade procedures.

I dunno why but i find myself touched by the national anthem and pledge. I was in fact holding back my tears when i recite those words. weird isn't it. Maybe is the voices of Singaporean that touched me.

~We are Singapore~ We are Singapore~

Mr Brown "I am Singapore" managed to capture the attention of ppl and media again. For those who does not know, u ppl might wanna try http://www.mrbrown.com/blog/2006/07/browncast_i_am__1.html

this my own version:

I am a Singaporean.
I need to be shown a picture of house to know what's house is like,
for I have grown up in HDB.
I kicked plastic ball in void deck, not forgeting occassion lecture by Mr Policeman.
I speak hokkien, thanks to my guardians.
My parents spent little time with me when I'm young, as they were busy earning for an living.
I shared toys with my sister, even though they were papers dolls and kitchen ware.
In school I make friends from different races, and also learn how to call them name.
I enjoy my playing music in band, but never consider it as a career.
I study hard in school not because i like it, more of the society makes me do it.
NS time is great, learning valuable skills and increasing my vocab for vulgarities.
Like many, I found my girlfriend in uni.
Like many, I'm still not sure if I'm at the right course.
Despite these, i still sing my nation anthem with pride.
Whatever name you choose to call me...
I was Singaporean and I am Singaporean.
So Say We All...
So Say We All...


Kian


Profile
~Kian~aka~kian wee~

~ntu accountancy grad~

~29 Oct 1983~

~Alicia~aka~zijun~

~ntu accountancy grad~

~7 Jan 1985~


pAST

January 2006

February 2006

March 2006

April 2006

May 2006

June 2006

July 2006

August 2006

September 2006

October 2006

November 2006

December 2006

January 2007

March 2007

April 2007

May 2007

June 2007

July 2007

August 2007

September 2007

October 2007

November 2007

December 2007

January 2008

February 2008

March 2008

April 2008

May 2008

June 2008

July 2008

August 2008

September 2008

October 2008

November 2008

December 2008

January 2009

March 2009

December 2009

January 2010

February 2010

March 2010

April 2010

May 2010

June 2010

July 2010

August 2010

September 2010

October 2010

exits

Now Playing

~John Lennon~
~Love~